Game Changers and co-creators
The Hogeweyk® paved the way for a new way of care in The Netherlands and has become a great inspiration for others in world who are looking for humanizing care for the growing numbers diagnosed with dementia. Years of experience and gained knowledge results in a clear vision on the future of dementia care. The Hogeweyk® is one outcome but applying that same vision many other outcomes are possible.
The Hogeweyk® was realized through a collaboration of different partners:
- Vivium Care Group | Inventor and initiator of first dementia village in the world
- BuroKade | Architect of The Hogeweyk® and other Dementia Villages
The Vivium Care Group represented by Jannette Spiering and Eloy van Hal (now advisors at Be Advice and the architects represented by Frank van Dillen (now DVA Dementia Village® Associates) and Michael Bol (now BuroKade) among others realized the project of The Hogeweyk®. Since the realization of The Hogeweyk® both Be Advice and DVA Dementia Village® Associates have become experts in the development of new inclusive elderly care initiatives.
We strongly believe in the deinstitutionalization of care and the need to emancipate people living with dementia and include them in society. We our partners together we can add even more value to your project. It can give you a head start!
- Be Advice | Advice and support on The Hogeweyk® Care Concept and radical change in aged care
- DVA Dementia Village® Associates | Strategy- and business development for the aged care sector
- BuroKade | Architect of De Hogeweyk® and other innovative projects in the aged care sector